Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I caqn not scan or fax can I do this with a wireless modem

Customer Question

I caqn not scan or fax can I do this with a wireless modem no phone line
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: cannon mx410
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately no, this is not possible.

You can scan to the computer, but the canon requires a hardwired landline telephone line connection to be able to either send or receive faxes.

Having a modem for the internet connection will not suffice here, it does have to be physically plugged into a live telephone line.

Scanning does not require a line though, just a usb or wifi connection to the computer.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.