Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Canon MX922. When I try to load photo paper, the

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX922. When I try to load photo paper, the side guides adjust fine, but the rear guide does not go all the way (i.e. for a 5x7). Consequently the printer thinks there is no paper in the tray. The paper is actually 5"x7", or 4"x6". How do I get it to print these smaller sizes?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

When you say you are trying to load 5x7 paper.. You must be trying to use the paper casette shown in this picture.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Loading1300.html

When you slide the guide back, does the 5x7 paper fit in the machine in between the guides?

If so, then we may just need to tell the machine to print from a different paper source.. heres how to do that

Go into your printing preferences and then change the paper size and paper source if needed, as shown on page 9

http://www.manualsprinter.com/manuals/canon/Canon_PIXMA_MX922.pdf

That will tell the machine to use the correct tray, with the correct sized photo paper in it. If you get stuck or have any further questions, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied. If you do not submit a rating, I am in no way credited for my time. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.