John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I left the printer on while I was on vacation last week.

Customer Question

I left the printer on while I was on vacation last week. When I tried to use it this morning the green start light flashes; the start button goes on and off. Will stay on then off every 3 seconds or so. I have a Canon Pixma MX490 and am using Windows 8
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have had the printer 6 months, and it has never done this before
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and Windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I wasn't home last week, and didn't come into the office until today and the light was flashing. It worked fine before I left.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have disconnected from the PC and power and reconnected hoping that would help, but once I reconnect it still flashes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you see any error code/number on the display screen?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.