Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I cannot print from my google email to my hp offficejet

I cannot print from my google email to my hp offficejet printer. I can print from my outlook email just fine. can you help me? I am using an ipad pro to access my email.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6600 and 5 or so years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have not had a google acct but a few months. i have never been able to print from gmail....but never had a problem with outlook? i have worked with so many different things to correct it...dont even know where to begin...
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: guess not

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

Can you tell me what happens when you try to print from you email?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When using gmail, I click on the icon at the tip right. It takes me to the window where the print icon is I click print and it takes me to a page that says google cloud print. Right under google cloud print there is a box that says search destinations, there are no destinations listed.

Okay, I see. Can you tell me what version of Windows you're running? Also, what browser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I told the first guy I was using an iPad. I'm using google chrome

Okay, give me just a couple of minutes to check something for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

Okay, when you're on that page where it says Google Cloud Print, do you see any other options on the lefthand side such as "Local Destinations?"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you know what my problem is

Did you see my last question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Under search destinations it says save to google drive
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Save document as PDF in google drive

Okay, does it say anything else? Normally you'd see a number of different headings, such as Recent Destinations, Local Destinations, and Google Cloud Print.

Under Local Destinations you'd normally see your regular printer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
j thought my printer should show there but it doesnt

Hmm, okay. That's a little different than my understanding of the issue.

What I'm going to do is opt out of the question and open it up for a more appropriate Expert. You'll be notified when there's another reply.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank uou
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great

To be able to use the printer in the manner you are trying.. You first have to add y our officejet 6600 to the google cloud print service. To do that, you need a Chromebook, a PC, or a Mac.. ( once its registered you no longer need the computer)

This page shows you how to register the printer with google cloud print.. So that the ipad using the same google / gmail address can then print to that printer from anywhere.. meaning if you are at the store you could cue up a print command and it would send it to your printer at home.. So you need to set up cloud printing first, heres how

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817255/

Once that is setup you would t hen see your printer as an option in google cloud print..

Otherwise, you need to use an alternate printing app.. What app are you currently using? Airprint? Or are you using the HP mobile printing app? If you arent using the free Hp mobile printing app, you can get it here.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-eprint/id299531647?mt=8

As you see, it has an email printing feature.. So this would be a workaround to using the Google cloud print.

But you will have to have one of these two apps and the print needs to be setup with each, or either.

If you get stuck or have further questions, you are welcome to respond.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied. If you do not submit a rating, I am in no way credited for my time. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks I'm going to try it.

Take your time.. And if you get stuck im here to assist.

And if all goes well, please remember to return here and click and submit a 5 star rating to show I assisted you. ( Remember, you would only be rating my help, not the website or your previous interactions with prior experts )

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help. My problem was resolved. I installed the HP mobile printing app.
Wanda F.

Excellent Wanda. I'm happy to h ear your problem was resolved by using the app I suggested.

If you have further questions or concerns you are welcome to respond. At this time it would be appropriate to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to help you, thank you.

Dustin S

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller