John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Nothing and that's the problem. I don't know what I was

Customer Question

Nothing and that's the problem. I don't know what I was doing that caused the printer to become disconnected. Unfortunately I'm a computer idiot and stubborn as well and have tried many things to rectify this issue. Obviously I need your help. My printer is an HP DeskjetF4580 All in one. What else can I tell you?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Checking paperwork..the date on the installation folder is 2008...my bad.the date in 2009. Don't find any additional model number id info. Where should I look??
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I think I was having an issue with my laptop which was connected wirelessly to this printer. Still have not reconnected that laptop.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please be patient..I'm an idiot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Do you have a printer USB cable with you?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N