Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Epson WF-2630 replaced Epson cartridges with generic brand

Epson WF-2630 replaced Epson cartridges with generic brand cartridges for black and cyan and they didn't work. Purchased Epson brand and now printer recognizes cartridges and that they are full of ink, but won't print black or cyan.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is Epson WF-2630 and is about 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday when I replaced Epson empty cartridges with Miroo cartridges. Now Epson cartridges are in it.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets start with some basic steps and if these dont work, or even if they do please let me know.

lets try an alignment, then a printhead cleaning as well.

The video on this page will show you how to run an alignment http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/Video-Library/video/Printers-All-in-Ones/How-to-Align-a-Print-Head/929642678001

Once that is complete, the video on this page will show you how to run a printhead cleaning

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/Video-Library/video/Printers-All-in-Ones/How-to-Clean-a-Print-Head/929694625001

Once that is complete, try to print again. Are the results any better?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied. If you do not submit a rating, I am in no way credited for my time. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
None of the above helped. The alignment didn't work because the printer only prints magenta. I didn't get anything on horizontal alignment and only magenta boxes on the vertical. In other words, the test results didn't look anything like the video. I have done the print head cleaning multiple times with no result. As I mentioned, even though the printer indicates there is a full black cartridge and a full cyan cartridge it does not print either 'color'. Now it doesn't print yellow either, but it did before all the tests. I did not replace, or need to replace the yellow cartridge.

Its pretty clear what happened here. The off brand cartridges shorted out the printhead, and the printhead has failed.

Most likely, you will have to replace the printer. ( Since in that model of printer you cannot remove or replace the printhead like you can with other, better engineered printers ) However, theres a chance that a printhead cleaning kit such as this would fix the issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epson-WorkForce-WF-2540-Printhead-Cleaning-Kit-Everything-Included-584AID-/141125538521

With that being said, it may be time to consider a replacement printer. I highly recommend the Mx922 for its features, scanning, wifi printing, and smartphone printing.. And also because the Mx922 has a low cost, easy to replace printhead. Meaning that this machine will last a lot longer since you can actually repair it.

http://amzn.to/2ej9TH9

If you have further questions, let me know.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.