John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Hav, Color Laser Jet PRO MFPM477fnw, PC, Just started. Had a

Customer Question

hav
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Color Laser Jet PRO MFPM477fnw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started. Had a paper jam from rear of computer, unplugged cable to fix jam and then plugged back in. I am not using as a wireless printer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Has the paper jam been successfully cleared but now you can't print?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me which version of Windows you are using?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks....Byron