tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Experience:  Repair and Service Technician
62741268

Looks like cat pee'd on MFC-J410w printer,still prints,won't

looks like cat pee'd on MFC-J410w printer,still prints,won't copy,continually brings up paper jam problem
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 3-4 yrs old,Brother MFC-J410W,serial #U62728GOF 426230
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: DELL PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: NOT USED EVERYDAY,ESTIMATE AT MOST 5 DAYS,PREVIOUSLY, WAS FINE
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Follow these steps please.

1. Using both hands, use the finger holds on each side of the machine to lift the scanner cover (1) into the open position. Make sure that jammed paper is not left in the corners of the machine (2) and (3).
  2. Check the position of the print head.
    • If you found the print head at the left hand side or center of the platen area, go to STEP 3.
    • If the print head is in the right corner as shown in the illustration below, hold down Stop/Exituntil the print head moves to the center.
  3. Unplug your Brother machine from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
  4. Gently move the print head using your fingers to take out any paper remaining in this area. To remove the small pieces of paper, you can use a pair of tweezers.

Please be careful not to touch or scratch the internal part with your hand or tweezers.

1. Lift the scanner cover (1) to release the lock. Gently push the scanner cover support down (2) and close the scanner cover (3) using both hands.
  2. Plug the power cord back into the AC power outlet (electrical socket).

If you still receive the error message Paper Jam, click here to see how to remove the paper jammed inside the machine.

Remove the paper jammed inside the machine

Follow the steps below to clear the paper jam inside the machine.

1. Prepare one sheet of thick letter or A4 sized paper, such as glossy paper, and insert it into the machine in the landscape orientation through the opening at the back of the machine as shown in the illustration below, until you feel it grab the paper.
  2. Using both hands, use the finger holds on each side of the machine to lift the scanner cover into the open position.
  3. Lift the scanner cover (1) to release the lock. Gently push the scanner cover support down (2) and close the scanner cover (3) using both hands.
  4. The paper you inserted will be fed through the machine and ejected with a jammed piece of paper. Remove the ejected paper and any ripped paper.
  5. Pull the paper tray (1) completely out of the machine.
  6. Remove any ripped paper or a foreign object you find inside the machine.
  7. Put the paper tray firmly back in the machine.

To avoid future paper jams, adjust the paper side guides (1) and paper length guide (2) to fit the paper size.

1. Using both hands, use the finger holds on each side of the machine to lift the scanner cover into the open position.
  2. Check for any ripped paper or a foreign object in the machine.
    • If you find any ripped paper or a foreign object, remove it. If it cannot be removed, repeatSTEPS 1 through 9.
    • If there is no paper left in your Brother machine, go to STEP 10.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
seems to have solved the problem,didn't see anything as far as paper jamed,a small red light on the printer head appeared that I didn't see previous to the process of correctingTHANKS

Thats great!

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!