Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I is making 2 random creases down the left hand side. 2/3

Customer Question

I is making 2 random creases down the left hand side.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: 2/3 yrs brother 9340
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: month +/-
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Creasing of paper can come, usually, from one of two causes:

1. the most common cause is, a defect in the paper pickup rollers, and/or the paper feed rollers. (In laser printers, the fuser rollers can crease paper also, though this is usually quite rare.)

2. the less common cause is, the paper is loaded incorrectly, or loosely, or aslant in the paper tray. Or, the paper can possibly be creased in a printer simply because it is unsuitable paper or has peculiar qualities of brittleness/moisture content/etc.

Your printer model is apparently a Brother color laser printer, with several years of use on it.

Check the paper, of course, and re-load it carefully, snugging up the paper guides.

Try again.

After that, there are some other measures, including either paper pickup and paper feed roller cleaning, and/or 'halfway testing' to find out where the creasing is occurring, as the paper moves along the paper path through the printer.

Let me know what you would like to try, what you observe, and what advice you need, and I will guide you further toward a solution. Thanks.