Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a PIXMA 3620 is that printing double on the page

I have a PIXMA 3620 is that printing double on the page (color). It is hooked up as a cloud printer for chromebook
HOw can I reset itl

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Can you tell me, what you have tried to solve the problem, so that I can skip those steps .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have checked the two ink cartridges and they have ink. I had to remove a stuck piece of paper. Then it began printing double.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The attached file shows what it looks like when printed.

Sorry, I could not get back to you, as I was offline at that time. Please let me know, when you want to continue ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to continue now/

Do you have tried to clean the printhead ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to know if the print heads are damaged. Since the printer was not expensive it might not be worth fixing.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have no instructions on how to clean the print heads.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This version of printer has no LCD screen so I do not know how to clean them. What is the process

Is it MG3620 ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the MG 3620 version

Follow the steps to clean the printhead and reply me back.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes twice, then release it immediately.

The machine starts cleaning the print head.

The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights after flashing.

Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.

3. Check the print quality.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In process of cleaning now.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cleaning second time. First time improved black only print but not 100%. Color still not good. In color mode printing everything twice. Just llike in JPG that I sent yesterday.

OK, clean for three times and let me know the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No improvement with color printing.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will clean three times.

Thanks, ***** ***** printhead is inbuilt in the cartridges of this printer, if you do not get the appropriate result, you have to replace the color cartridges, because the color cartridges seem to be damaged when you have removed the jammed paper. One more thing, you can try. Remove the color cartridges then, clean the nozzles with a cotton swab and IP alcohol then, reinsert the cartridges and clean the printhead once more. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the cartridge seems to be defective and you have to replace it, to solve the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, I will try that. I have a Black cartirdge but no color. With the cost of the cartridge I did not want to replace it until I knew that was what is needed. Thank you.

Thank you. Please let me know, if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, one final question. If the print quality is still bad, does that mean that the printer is damaged? The new black cartridge did not print with good quality so It is unlikely the cartidge is bad. So that would indicate something wrong with the mechanism in the printer? I tried cleaning with the color as suggested and no improvement. Again it seems that there is damage.

OK, yes then the problem can be with the carriage nozzles, I told you about the printhead problem, because you said the black is good but the color is bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I ended up returning the printer to Office Depot and they replaced it with a new one.