Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Cannot print nor copy. message says problem with yellow ink

Customer Question

cannot print nor copy. message says problem with yellow ink cartridge. I replaced it with new one--same problem. Have Photosmart 7520 serial Th 45T710T2
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: hp
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP lap top
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

Did you try to hard reset the printer by unplugging it for 10 mins. ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No. Just did. I'm not a "tech" person. I need very simple instructions. Why did I have to pay for this help? My warranty expires 8/20/17.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

You have to pay, because we are not HP support, as you can see we are If you do not need our service then, let me know and I will close your question.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Stopped working last night. Had been printing from e-mail, made one copy, then tried to make another copy and rec the error message about ink.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I do not wish to subscribe to your service at this time.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

You dont have to subscribe to our service if you do not want a monthly payment. We can and do normally work on a "one time" basis.

With that being said, you have two choices here.. You can send the printer into HP so they can replace the printhead for you, as the printhead is the part that failed. The printer will be gone around 6 weeks total.

Or, you can order and replace the part yourself. You can get the part for 20$ here

And here is how to replace it

If you have any further questions, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied. If you do not submit a rating, I am in no way credited for my time. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.