John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to download my printer to my recently acquired

Customer Question

I am trying to download my printer to my recently acquired laptop. I went through the procedures online at your site but I have no idea if the download was successful and if it was I have no idea how to print from this computer since I cannot locate any print commands anywhere. Can anyone there take me through the process again?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The primer is an HP Photosmart 4280 and is 9 yrs old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I hope to be printing from my Macbook Air system 10.9.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Today was the first time I tried to do this. I have been printing from my Mac desktop but it is as old as the printer and is proving to be very slow. So I figured I might as well just print from my laptop or at least set it up so I can print from both devices.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that we have wifi here in our house where we hope to arrange this set up
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

How have you connected the printer with your MAC book?