Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I have a PIXMA 9000 printer and it is not supported on

Customer Question

I have a PIXMA 9000 printer and it is not supported on Windows 10.
I read that there is a way to download a drive from Windows 8 and then install that driver on my computer. Can you help?
Mickey Segal
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Canon will not issue drivers for this model to support the Windows 10 operating system. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon.

First, you required t download Windows 8 driver for the printer. Go to the link below, select operating system as Windows 8.1 (64 bit), and click Drivers.

Under Drivers, download and save Pro9000 Printer Driver Ver. 2.23 (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista64).

Open the Downloads folder, right click on the file and select Extract here. You will be able to extract only if you have WinRAR or Winzip installed.

After extracting it, open the extracted folder and right click on Setup.exe file. Select properties and then select Compatibility tab.

Over there, select the box says, Run the program in compatibility mode for. Then, select Windows 8 over there and click ok.

Then, double click the Setup.exe file and run the installation program.

If it installs without any issues, you can use the printer with limited features. Otherwise, you have to find a new printer.

If you cannot do that, let me access your computer remotely, so that i can check it from my side. However, I cannot assure that it will work for sure.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!