Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Epson, workforce 545. I want to send a fax. The 545 is

Customer Question

JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: workforce 545. I want to send a fax. The 545 is connected to my iMac (up to date). The iMac is WI-FI connected to FIOS. How can I scan a document (necessary to show signatures) on the 545 then send it out through the iMac?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: iMac version 10.12
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing popped up. The 545 is not connected to a phone line (it could be but that is not my question. Since my iMac is "connected" to FIOS and since my 545 is connected to my iMac, how can I send an item scanned on the 545 through my iMac?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That process has to be two steps.

First, Scan the document into a file on your iMac computer.

Second, email it with the file you scanned in, attached to the email. That will get signatures to the recipient.

(If emailing is not appropriate, some other method, e.g. faxing over a phone line, would be needed. If you have no phone line, allows you to send faxes without a phone line, for a small fee. You may want to try it: has a free trial available at