Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
When a printer isn’t used often, sometimes the ink dries up inside the cartridge and this results in it not working properly. Using the print cleaning option under utility can often times work in cleaning the cartridge, Please give me just a few moment s to prepare step by step instructions for cleaning the ink jet nozzles on your printer
Cleaning the Print Head
You can clean the print head using the control panel on your product.
1. Make sure no product lights are indicating errors.
2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.
3. Press the home button, if necessary.
4. Press the arrow buttons to select Setup and press the OK button.
5. Press the arrow buttons to select Maintenance and press the OK button.
6. Press the arrow buttons to select Head Cleaning and press the OK button. The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on when the cleaning cycle is finished.
Caution: Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.
7. Select Nozzle Check and press the OK button to run a nozzle check to confirm that the print head is clean.
If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 4 times, turn off the product and wait at least 6 hours. Then try cleaning the print head again. If quality still does not improve, please let me know as there is further troubleshooting that we can do.
Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. Remeber: If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.