Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Work Force WF-3640 printer won't print. Receives input from

Customer Question

Work Force WF-3640 printer won't print. Receives input from computer for system work, but doesn't seem to be getting "print" files
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson WF=3640, 3 years old. wifi stopped working on 3rd update
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac 10.12
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I moved it from one room to another, upon plugging it all back in. computer recognizes it, it appears to "talk" ... but won't accept a print command
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

What kind of update was it?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Solution #1:

- Disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect

, then turn off the printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, and if the printer is wireless, then press the Home button on the printer, then press the Wi-Fi / wireless / network icon, then select option Wi-Fi Setup, then select option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check printing.

; If needed, please see full instructions / illustrations at

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=232592&prodoid=63099060&foid=254114&cat=237989&subcat=238002

; How to enter password ***** characters on the screen:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368/source/product_info/tasks/wf3620_7620/enter_characters_wf3620_3640.html

; Video instructions:

; (watch only from the minute 2:35 to 4:02)

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, download the printer driver file epson17950.dmg at the Epson website below:

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson17950.dmg

, then open the download file epson17950.dmg and install it and check.

Solution #4:

- If all fails, please try the following:

1. Make sure the printer is powered on.

2. Go to the Apple logo / menu, then click on on System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the printer list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears, and confirm Yes/ OK to reset.
    (Or right-click on the printer, then click on option Reset printing system, and confirm.)

- After resetting the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences should be empty.

4. Click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, and it should detect your Epson printer, then select it and add it.

5. Then check printing different things, such as a web page, a document, a picture, etc., and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,