Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.

My printer is Brother MFC J 825 DW. used to work fine. Not

Customer Question

my printer is Brother MFC J 825 DW. used to work fine. Not used for about 14 months. turns on but will not produce printed copy. so I installed all new cartridges (black plus three colors). still will not print. it makes noise and says it cleaning but repeated cycles, still no print on paper. paper does cycle through. tried both original on glass and via feeder. Help. Please. Jerry *******************

Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 7 days ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

I suggest you power the printer off completely.....pull the plug.

Wait 5 minutes.....then plug it back in, and power it on.

After its powered on, it will make lots of noises, and such......but you have to WAIT until it stops doing what it is doing.

If it says cleaning.....let it matter how long it takes.....sometimes it cleans several times because its very dirty.

So.....after you have waited a couple HOURS after it is turned on......THEN try to print again.

I cant inspect your printer visually......and that is what needs to be done if there really is a problem.

I would inspect yoru ink cartridges, making sure they are seated properly.

I would check the 'printer ink cartridge electrical contacts' to make sure they are clean and not coated with ink. (Many printers will spew colored ink all over the inside of the printer and its normal, so you have to clean it every 6 months to a year depending on usage)

I would check for any paper jams.

I would check for any other possible issues, as there are many different components inside a printer that can be easily damaged when replaceing ink cartridges.