Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Hp office et 6700 p[riter failure61011bed, Hp Officejet

Customer Question

hp office et 6700 p[riter failure61011bed
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hp Officejet 6700pemium 6700 prriter failure, about 3 years old 0x61011bed
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10, 486 processor
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 months. printed.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This message indicates a carriage fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?