Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a HP c6100 series printer and it says ink system

Customer Question

Hi, I have a HP c6100 series printer and it says ink system failure. I have powered it off several times. Unplugged it for five minutes and each time I keep getting the same error.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: HP photosmart c6100?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It had an error of empty ink. I just replaced it today and this is a brand new error.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont have a ton of time to deal with this issue so maybe 20 minutes if we can get it fixed before i have to pick up my kids from school
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following solutions.

Solution 1 :

• Press and hold the “*” key.
  • Press the “#” key and release both keys.
  • Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
  • Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
  • Screen says "support" R0631M
  • Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
  • Press and release the “OK” button.
  • Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
  • Press and release the “OK” button.
  • Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
  • Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
  • Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
  • Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
  • Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
  • Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”.
  • Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

Solution 2 :

• Press * and # at the same time
  • Press 1, 2, 3 and "support R0632M" should display
  • Press > and "information menu" should display
  • Press > and "configuration menu" should display
  • Press OK and "hardware failure status" should display
  • Press OK "failure status: clear". Press OK to clear
  • Press CANCEL
  • Press CANCEL
  • Press CANCEL
  • Turn printer off, unplug power cord for 2 minutes, plug cord back in then turn printer back on.

• If the error came back, do the sequence again and the error will be replaced with the usual print cartridge initialization screens. Print a test page to make sure.

Solution 3 :

• Press and Hold the “Print Photos” &”Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say”Enter Special Key Combo”
  • Press and release in sequence”Red Eye Removal”,”Print Photos”,”Red Eye Removal”. Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev: COxxFN0723BR (or something like that)
  • Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu"
    Press and release the “OK” button.
    Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
  • Press and release the “CANCEL”(Annuler) button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
  • Wait 60 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
  • Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
  • the printer will get ready as if it were starting perfectly for a first time, it will say something like: printer preparation occurring - do not interrupt
  • print a test page:

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N