John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon printer was disconnected from the system and I do

Customer Question

My Canon printer was disconnected from the system and I do not have a disk to reput the printer on my computer HELP PLEASE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer connected to your computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 7 and the printer is connected to the computer . it is not wireless

Thank you. Did you uninstall any Canon program from your computer recently?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Can you click on Start, then click on Devices and Printers, then do you see the Canon printer there?

Can you disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer, then make sure the printer is powered on, then re-connect the printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer, then does the computer make a sound when you plug in the printer to the computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,