Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I can't get it to scan, NX230 - a couple of years old,

Customer Question

I can't get it to scan
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: NX230 - a couple of years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacBook Pro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't really know. I have scanned, like in July. I had some issues and was on the phone w/Apple for like 2 hours getting everything "fixed" in September.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything . . . .
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

5. Try scanning again

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did everything, but when I added my printer it didn't add the option to scan, just "Open Print Queue." I lost the scan tab!?!?
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

May I know the mac OS X version you are using? have you recently upgraded your Mac OS X?

1. Click on the Blue Apple. The blue apple is located in the upper-left hand corner of the screen.
  2. Click on About This Mac.
  3. About This Mac.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OS X El Capitain
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Capitan
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Please go to the link below, select your Mac OS version, download and install ICA driver, and Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.7.8.2.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=182103&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

Then, try scanning.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think I've already done that but let try again.
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Please try it again and try scanning using ImageCapture.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm still no longer given the option to scan.
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Have you opened ImageCapture application?

What is the response you are getting while trying to scan using ImageCapture?

Thank you.

S H E F I N