Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Printer head is overheating. How can i fix. waiting on ink

Customer Question

Hi - printer head is overheating. How can i fix. waiting on ink for my other printer so i can't quite use that
please assist
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello?
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi Theresa, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Initially, a little more background info please:

• • has it been in storage for a length of time;
  • • is this a sudden recent issue;
  • • or slowly developing while in use;
  • • any recent work, repairs or mods done.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
a little bit of time, but it has been working great for the past year or so
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a recent issue - past day and i have not been printing much at all - just b and white documents
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no recent repairs. it's been working fantastically up to this and it did not feel hot to the touch.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Appreciate the additional in formation.

For test purposes, can you please try going again through the motions of changing the ink cartridges ? (even if the same / current cartridges would be used)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok let me try that now - thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Yes please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok tried that - and used some compressed air to remove any possible dust
- it's cycling through - she's an old girl and all but still prints amazing stuff
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Let's check / try now if symptom/error message would persist.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it started print a test page just fine - and is usually slow. but it went from slow to like snail pace
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok - it printed halfway and stopped and the same message of overheating is coming up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
34;printing - It cannot print properly due to print head overheated" and there is a yellow/green flashing light
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Could you please try reseating the print head?

Please click HERE for illustrated guide.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i will try that - thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry - still working on this - the computer froze and i had to restart - also had a midnight deadline - i'm free now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i took it out and you can smell like it burned haha - nuts. it wasn't hot at all
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok its back on - did everything it said - should have worn gloves
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

...sorry for that.

Still, very siginificant; if "...smell like it burned...". The system's built-ion diagnostics has identified correctly the fault; in internal issue with the print head.

The simplest approach would be to replace the printhead. This would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination. Please click HERE for illustrated guide.

If would consider / try print head replacement, the Part Number is ***** and may be inquired HERE.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry - i got disconnected
there is not point in paying nearly $50 to get a new printer head when I can just buy a new printer.
I'm waiting on ink to arrive for another printer.
I don't understand - it printed five more copies before it said the error message about heat. It is not hot to the touch.
Given it's not fixed I'm not paying for this either - took a half hour to get ink off of me too. I'm pretty mad.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry Theresa for having to be the bearer of bad news.