John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I cant scan to PC, brother MFC 9970CDW, PC, today, no

Customer Question

I cant scan to PC
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: brother MFC 9970CDW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: today
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when scanning?

Is printing currently working fine?

Do you see the Brother Utilities / ControlCenter program on your computer? If yes, what happens when you scan with it?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was working pefectly fine. When I tried to scan 10 pages which I never did before, it is saying the following: NG" Poor line condition/out of memory. I checked if there is anything in the memory and it is NOT
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we can do remote session as well if required.

Thank you. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

If you scan one page only, does it work?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wireless. Yes, one page is working

Thank you. Can you please disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 2 minutes, then re-connect.

- Then turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for about 2 minutes, then re-connect, then turn on printer

, then wait a few minutes, then scan with 2 or 3 pages and check. Then scan with more pages, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did that already, it can scan up to 4 pages no issue. and I did reset modem and did restart printer.

Sorry, do you use Fax?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am trying to scan from printer to email

Were you able to scan to to email with more than 4 pages previously?

How about scanning to (file) to PC (not through email) with more than 4 pages?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to do scanning to email not to PC. No scanning to PC will not work as it is not configured that way. I just tried to scan 5 pages and it failed again with the same error message. Out of memory

If you test scanning with more than 4 pages to the computer, then email from the computer using the attachment option, does it work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need you to address scan to email issue NOT scan to PC. I repeat, when I scan 4 pages or less, it is working. No I have never tried to scan more then 4 pages previously. I tired to scan 10 pages today, and it failed. I tried to scan 5 pages and it failed. I scanned 4 pages and it works perfectly!

Yes, I know the situation; I'm just trying to confirm if your email can handle large attachment file. That's why I asked to scan more than 4 pages to PC first, and email on the computer and see it can send email attachment with more than 4 scanned pages. Thank you,

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

When you scan 10 pages to the PC, what's the size of that scanned file?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4 pages is 5.7mb. I use gmail. and I also tried to use company email the same result.

Hmm, the size looks good. I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas, so let me open the issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is another response from another expert. Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I reset memory on printer??
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

I think, Here is the solution to your problem :-

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=nz&lang=en&prod=mfcj470dw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00002690_001

Please let me know how it goes.

Did this help you ?