John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a MFC 7440 N The guy with Brother said that the

Customer Question

I have a MFC 7440 N The guy with Brother said that the reason it will not print has something to do with Microsoft. I am running Microsoft 10. He was supposed to send me an email to give me the exact problem so that I could mention this to the Microsoft techs and not lose any words in the process. The printer will not print and at one time it did not show as being installed but I believe now it shows as installed. He never sent the email. Any idea what I need to tell Microsoft?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: M
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MFC 7440 N
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PC Microsoft 10
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Printer is 6 plus years old
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.