John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Hp8600 added paper now drawer will not close? what to do

Customer Question

hp8600 added paper now drawer will not close ? what to do
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Obviously, try taking all the paper out, and seeing if you can get the tray back in while it is empty.

After that - if you can - put only about 20 to 40 sheets of blank paper into it, and see if that works for you, and the drawer gets back in properly as it should.

Let me know more about the problem, how it goes, etc. I will advise further as needed.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
tried with paper, empty, repowered still won't close
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

What part won't close, please?

A photograph, if you could take one and post one, would explain to me what and where the problem is, perhaps.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the paper drawer won't close. I've checked for paper inside . drawer is locking into place with about 3 inch. out
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

A flap or moving part of the drawer may well be protruding.

If your printer were a two-drawer printer, you could try swapping the drawers, and prove whether it's the drawer, or the place it fits into, that is at fault.

Also the space it fits into may be obstructed. Look into it, for anything that might be protruding into that space about 3 inches short of its farthest depth.