John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Canon mx920 only prints half doc from image garden

Customer Question

canon mx920 only prints half doc from image garden
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 days ago.

In order to better assist you, please tell me if you are using a Windows or a Mac computer? Also, did the problem with printing the documents from Image Garden start to occur only recently, or it was always there?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Mac and just recently; also upgraded to sierra os
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 days ago.

Thanks for the information!

Does the problem with printing only happen with Image Garden, or with all installed programs? You can test printing from iPhoto or a similar program.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
just image garden
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 days ago.

Sorry for the delay. I was testing My Image Garden on my computer. It prints just fine.

Please check the version installed on your computer by starting My Image Garden and clicking on "My Image Garden" in the upper left corner and then clicking on "About My Image Garden".

Also, please describe where exactly you click to print the photos.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
version 3.2.2 I double click the thumbnail in documents in image garden anew window pops up and tap print
only top half of doc actually prints
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 days ago.

Hello again!

It looks like the default layout or paper size has been changed. Please follow these instructions to make sure you are using the correct layout and paper size:

1. Start My Image Garden

2. If you see the Guide Menu window displayed, click on Photo Layout. If you don't see the Guide Menu window displayed, click on the Guide Menu button located at the bottom and then click on Photo Layout

3. The Set Design and Paper window will appear. Select the desired design, for example the first one - Borderless (x1)

4. Select the desired paper size at the bottom

5. Select the desired Orientation

6. Now click OK

7. A new photo layout will be created. You now need to add a photo you want to print. To do that, click on the Add Image button located at the bottom. Select the photo and click Open

8. The added photo will appear at the top, like a thumbnail. Click on the photo and drag it to the photo layout

9. Now click on the Layout button at the bottom. Make sure the first one is selected so that the printer can use the entire paper when printing

10. Click the Print button and let it print

Let me know if this worked.