John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Has a support code 5101 what do I do? Canon Mx922 it says

Customer Question

has a support code 5101 what do I do?
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Canon Mx922 it says remove the protective material if it is atached to the holder and turn power off and back on but I don't see protective material- code 5101
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc I don't know the operating system
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: its new and never used
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How new (or old) is the printer in question?

And, have you changed, or put in, new cartridges lately? or has the printer had a paper jam-up inside it that needed clearing out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
never used yet

Have you followed the instructions sheet, the Quick Setup guide, as to putting in cartridge, removing packing material and tape, and so forth ? that is needed... but if you weren't provided with a Quick Setup guide sheet, small wonder if it hasn't gone well.