John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8210 and am installing ink

Customer Question

I just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8210 and am installing ink cartridges that came with it. When I push in the first cartridge, it doesn't do all the way in.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I gave you the exact model, HP Officejet Pro 8210, and I said I just bought it, so it is brand new.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: See my previous email. this is the initial set up of the printer--it is brand new.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

As you said this is a brand new printer, please make sure, you are trying to install the cartridges and not the printhead then,check the cartridges for the protective caps and let me know.