John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson Workforce 845 printer and a MAC desktop

Customer Question

Hello I have an Epson Workforce 845 printer and a MAC desktop computer with Sierra 10.12. I am getting a printer error that says "Filter failed". Have no idea what to do. can you please help ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: exact model is Epson Workforce 845. It's about 2-3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC Sierra 10.12
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the printer just stopped working, had been printing fine before. can print from other computers via wifi just fine. Just the one hard-wired via the LAN stopped working. I went in today to update all software , deleted and then reloaded the printer, updated the software and now am getting this new filter failed message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Did you tried to reset the printing system ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello while waiting I have actually been able to resolve the problem playing around with deleting and reloading the printer, rebooting the router, etc. no further help is needed. Thank you. Can you please advise on charges that will still be incurred? Thank you.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

OK, I will send your request to the customer care section.