John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Error code 0x91 on workforce pro 4630, yes --told you, mac

Customer Question

error code 0x91 on workforce pro 4630
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: yes --told you
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing. it was off for a few weeks. when I turned it on it printer one page and then this code came up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't know
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I presume the error code 0x91 is appearing on the printer itself.

Try turning the printer Off, clearing any paper that may be jammed in it, and leaving it Off for at least 10 minutes.

Also try removing one cartridge, seating it into its place again, then removing the next cartridge, seating it in its place again, and so forth for all the ink cartridges.

(Avoid touching the copper-colored contacts, or the inky underside, of the all and any cartridges... that may ruin them.)