John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Anyone there right now?

Customer Question

Anyone there right now?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks. I was unable to find much information on the Internet regarding this particular printer and this particular error message.

I am aware you may have tried these steps in some form or the other. Please follow these even if you

have already tried these. Please follow them in order and reply to me when you are done:

In order to diagnose this paper jam error, please try the following steps:

1. Turn off the Printer and remove the communication cables (USB or Ethernet, depending on Set-up)

2. Remove any Jammed Paper from the Printer

3. Power the Printer on and determine whether the Paper Jam error is displayed on start-up, even when no Paper is jammed

4. If the Error is displayed on Start-Up, please go to step 10

5. If no error is displayed on start-up, Print a System Settings Report

To Print a Settings Report:
    • Press the Menu Button

• Use the Down Arrow until Reports/List is Highlighted and Press Select (Tick) Button

• Use the Down Arrow until System Settings is Highlighted and Press Select (Tick) Button

• The Report should now Print
  6. If there is no Jam error when Printing the Settings Page, re-connect the communication cable and Print a Windows Test Page

7. If there is no Jam error while Printing the Windows Test Page the Printer is working as designed

8. If the Jam recurs when the System Settings Page is attempted, Clean the Feed Roller in the Printer

9. If the Jam recurs after cleaning the feed roller (or the error was displayed on Start-Up) please power the Printer off and Boot into Customer Mode

10. In Customer Mode, run the Manual Feed Test from the Main Paper Tray 1

11. While running the Manual Feed Test, listen carefully for any abnormal noises such as grinding or whining from the motors

12. If the Paper Jams during the manual test, go to step 16

13. If the Paper has fed through during the manual test, re-start the Printer normally Try Printing another System Settings Report and verify if the Jam recurs

14. If the Jam recurs during the printing of system settings page, go to step 16

15. If the error is displayed on the LCD Panel on Start-Up, contact Dell via the Twitter contact button to advise of a technical fault

16. Try another Paper Tray from a working Dell 2150cn/cdn Laser Printer (if available) and test again

17. Try another Fuser Unit from a working Dell 2150cn/cdn Laser Printer (if available) and test again

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have seen these instructions already. I get an IOT Error 2 message.