Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Won't work as wireless. Bought HP Pro 8710 last week.

Customer Question

Won't work as wireless. Bought HP Pro 8710 last week. Installed it and it printed. Cut it off with the little button in front When I cut it back on, it had lost it's wireless and keeps telling me that the wireless was disabled. Had someone come in today (cost me $70 and he could get it to work only by hard wiring it. He thinks the printer may have some faulty wiring???
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: HP Office Jet Pro 8710 purchased 10/7/16 Installed 10/11/16
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: That's just it. Nothing happened between the time I turned it off and the time I turned it back on to print something. I had printed from both Word and email before. Cutting the power off shouldn't have caused a problem, should it?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: OK
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know anything more to tell him
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Just beside the display screen, you will see various icons, like home, back, help (?) etc. at the left top side of the display is the wireless icon, please touch it to turn on the wireless radio of the printer and let me know, what happens.