Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I have a Pixma MX459 running on Win 10. All of a sudden I am

Customer Question

I have a Pixma MX459 running on Win 10. All of a sudden I am not able to scan documents into the Canon Quick menu and now when I print either directly from the printer or from the pc the printer only prints about 1 line every 15 seconds. What can I do?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the printer in question, the MX459, configured as a wireless printer? or is it directly connected to the computer with a USB cable?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Configured wireless. Used to work just fine. Don't have a USB handy.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

OK. Thanks for letting me know.

Obviously there has been a breakdown in communication, and/or in its efficiency, between printer and computer.

Do other computers print to the same printer?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My wife had been able to airprint from her IPhone, but has the same problem with the print speed. I think this will require remote assistance.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

I regret that I cannot offer remote assistance myself, for this problem.

With apologies I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category - and your request for secure remote assistance also is open to other Experts.

Thank you for your patience meanwhile.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 days ago.

I can. Get you my phone number and log into your computer remotely if you like. There is an additional charge though

Just curious does it go slow when you try to make a copy directly from the printer?