John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Did not stary printing a PDF filr. Message on small LCD

Customer Question

Did not stary printing a PDF filr. Message on small LCD screen: "Printer error. Unplug and call service center.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Will have t look up model and get back. % or 6 years--has been a wonderful item
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP laptop. Windows 7.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last thing I tried to print . Printed email with tax figs ok just before problem. About 20 min. ago.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Can you give me the complete model number of the printer, please?
This sounds like a canon model from what you've mentioned so far, so there should be some additional info on the printer display with a specific error code/number, such as B200 for example, or C000.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ModelMG5200. (Can0n)
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** you please give me the exact error message?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No. AS old as printer is and service I have gotten, better to buy replacement. Just trying to get 2015 tax out. Behind because minor stroke.
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

There would be an error or code number at the top of the printer display. I need to know what that is to give you an accurate answer. It could be a very quick and simple fix, depending on what that code is.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Absolutely not interested. Can buy a cheappe to get me out of problem.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If you cannot suggest quick fix, say so, please.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I must be writing to a bot. Sorry, Blood pressure up. Getting off. Over and out.
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

No, you're talking to a person, but again I need some specific details from you. I can't help you without knowing the error number that is showing on the printer screen.

Please supply that and then I can give you an answer.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.