Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Pixma MX895 printer. When attempting to connect to

Customer Question

I have a Pixma MX895 printer. When attempting to connect to my wireless LAN network PC I am asked by my PC for a WPS pincode. Where can I find this information?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: I cannot recall but I purchased the printer in about 4 years ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I changed from an ADSL broadband to an NBN connection
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to go to the WLAN / wireless / LAN setup on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Great, then on the printer's screen, are you able to select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name?

- If needed, please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/pixma_mx895_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, there, click on option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there.

; Once it shows Connected to the access point on the printer's screen, then you should be able to print from the computer now. But if it still does not work, please let me know, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.

- Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Have you tried the steps in the website I've provided above? Is there any error or message, or are you stuck at any step?

Do you still need help with the printer issue and/or with anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,