Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My printer is not printing the color properly. Talk to tech

Customer Question

my printer is not printing the color properly. Talk to tech support Tues. and went through many steps. She sent new ink cartridge but still not working. Black in works good. this makes 3 color cartridges I've tried. The color printing is very light when i print. HELP
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Canon MX 420 using Canon fine Chromelife PIXMA 211Xl One lady sent is just 211
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC is Gateway and a Toshiba laptop
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just recently , Monday. Was printing and had printed several pages and it started being very dull in print.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did all the maintance the printer could do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

You may have ink splattered around the contacts of the printer.

Where the ink cartridge makes electrical contact with the printer can become clogged with ink

When this happens, the ink cartridge wont print or deliver the ink properly.

If you dont have experience with cleaning the area I am talking about, I suggest you take the printer into a shop to have it fully cleaned.

But that is not the ONLY thing that could be wrong.

You could have component failure, and if thats the case, you have to just get a new printer, as it costs more to fix than to buy another.

I know, printers can be a pain in the but.

I have had good luck, and i have had bad luck with canon printers.

I have a conon myself.....and the color cartridge will spew ink all over for some reason.

So open the cover where the ink cartridegs go.....and inspect around and see if you see any ink splattered?

Removed the ink cartridges, and check the electrical contacts on the cartridge and the printer.

If dirty, use alcohol and qtips (lots of them) to clean out the ink.