John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I installed a new cartrige and the printer keeps saying to

Customer Question

I installed a new cartrige and the printer keeps saying to install a new cartridge. I checked that I put it in right,so what's wrong!
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: the model is M1212nf. the cartridge is HP Lazerjet 85A
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: my Pc id Vaio I have Winfows vista
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I received a message that a new blsck cartridge was needed.I bought one and installed it today
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Please remove all the papers from the printer then, turn off the printer and remove the toner. Power on the printer after 10 mins. reinsert the toner and let me know, what happens?