Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

AFTER REMOVING TONER CARTRIDGE AND SHAKING TO GET SOME

AFTER REMOVING TONER CARTRIDGE AND SHAKING TO GET SOME EXTENDED USE, THE COPIES AND PRINTS ARE SPLOTCHY - ALMOST LIKE THEY ARE WET.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: CANON MF 5770
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: CANON X25 CARTRIDGE
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I WAS GETTING LIGHT COPIES ON A VERY NEW CARTRIDGE AND REMOVED IT AND SHOOK IT TO MAKE SURE TONER WAS AVAILABLE.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This could be from damage to the cartridge from the shaking, but is more likely a drum issue. Open the printer up and pull out the toner/drum, then locate the blue or orange little plastic tab on the drum component and slide it side to side about 5 times to clean, then put it back together and try a test print.

Let me know if that helps,

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not a problem; issue is solved. Thanks.

You're welcome, I'm glad it is working for you again.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,