John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't print computer and printer both seem up andready but

Customer Question

I can't print computer and printer both seem up andready but when it says print black copy I get blank paper out.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 4500 envy. About 8 months old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm computer illiterate so all I know, HP computer, 3 years old, well kept up and maintained by pro type people.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I havent been printer capable for a few months. I think both computer and printer, I believe, i is competant and ready. All we need is for the operator (me) to get a bit of direction. computer is on as is printer, we just need to get basic direction.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think the first thing to check, is whether your printer can photocopy in black and white. Place a black-and-white or text-only original page face-down on the printer's glass sheet.

Do a BLACK photocopy.

Does that come out showing anything?