John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I can't get a dial tone on the phones in the house - I just

Customer Question

I can't get a dial tone on the phones in the house - I just reconnected the printer after having some issues with it, now I can't get a dial tone on my phone. I checked and double checked the phone line connection to the printer and the phone line connection to the telephone. Can you help?? Thank you.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.