Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Just set up a WF-3640 hooked up to my MacBook Pro OSX 5.8,

Customer Question

Just set up a WF-3640 hooked up to my MacBook Pro OSX 5.8, with printer talking through a Netgear Wifi setup. Network Connection check Passed. Print jobs stall out with a rastertoescp, status 206. Bought this machine today because it was the only one that would run with the OS X 5. system. It appears to be communicating with the wifi network just fine, then stalls with an error to do with a print que?
Help.
Thanks ***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the result.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N