Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

The router was changed and now the printer isn't connecting

Customer Question

The router was changed and now the printer isn't connecting to the pc via wifi
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson Workforce 645
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since the router was changed on Monday. The internet wouldn't work on Friday. Monday a new router was put in with a different name for the network as I didn't remember the old name and the tech had removed the router before asking.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to print and scan from and to it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model if the new router you are using right now?

Is the internet currently working fine with the new router?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

On the printer's screen, are you able to go to go to the Wireless LAN setup / wizard?

Basically, you press the Setup button (the screwdriver/wrench icon). Then select option Network Settings, then press OK button. Then continue with option Wireless LAN Setup, then option Setup Wizard. Then there, select to your new router's wi-fi / wireless network name, and connect, and check. If successful, you should be able to print from the computer.

- Please click on the Epson website below for the full instructions / illustrations:

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf545_/wf545_ug/source/printers/source/networking/tasks/network_setting_panel_wf545_645.html

- If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=183884&void=199203

; Note: Watch only from the minute 2:15 to 3:38.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step. And please answer all my questions in my previous reply above, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with the printer issue and/or with anything else?

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your printing issue directly and quickly on your computer for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,