Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Have a problem with my HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP its about

Customer Question

Have a problem with my HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP
its about 18months old and was working fine then just got this fault up in screen.
Printer Failure, There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists contact HP.
So i have turned off and on pulled ink cardrigdes in and out but still this message appears.
What can i do now
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use, but should not have failed at only 18 months. There are however some known design problems with this model, and the printhead in this unit is not serviceable, the entire printer will have to be replaced, repairs are not possible in this case.

Given the age of the unit, even though the warranty is past at this point, I'd still recommend calling HP to complain and try to get them to cover it, as a commercial grade model like this should have a much longer service life. You may reach them at 1300 721 147

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.