Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

It won't print from the computer. I can use the fax, copier,

Customer Question

It won't print from the computer. I can use the fax, copier, but it will not print.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Canon Mx882
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Microsoft 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have a monthly subscription to some "Support Buddy" that scans for viruses, last time they scanned the printer has not been working.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My computer is an HP and I had the disks for the installation but 3 year old grandson broke them.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please click Start button and select Devices and Printers. Right click on the printer name and select Remove Device/Delete. Remove all the printers that you are not using.

Then, get into Control panel and select Uninstall a Program (listed under Programs). Uninstall all printer related programs listed over there. Then, restart the computer.

Then, go to the link below, download and install the latest driver. Go to the link below, click Drivers, and under Drivers, download and install MX880 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows)

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx882

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N