John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

We had to replace our modem this morning as old one died,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl We had to replace our modem this morning as old one died, since I have hooked up new my brother MFC-L2700DW not working?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: 6 months old Brother MFC-L2700DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just today when I replaced modem. Went in to control panel and printer still loaded there but when I go to print they go in to a cue and don't print out
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The printer configuration that is loaded now has nothing to do with your current configuration.

I advice you to reinstall your printer anew... to suit the new modem/network. After deleting the current configuration, to avoid future confusion.

If you need details, let me know. If you find this answer sufficient, please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
HI Russell not very good a this sort of stuff. I have deleted brother printer as advised
and then tried to re load same model, but it is saying can't find?

I can help you through the difficult parts.

Is your printer a wireless printer, or a wired-by-USB-cable printer?

(It's almost certainly wireless, at this point... but it could be otherwise. )

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

The next step is simple. For the printer to be located, by wireless, for a wireless connection, it must be connected to the wireless network you have.

You will have to go into the printer's own panel, and its Wireless Settings (perhaps under 'Network Settings') and connect it to the present modem, simply. (It is not being 'found' because it is trying/configured to connect to the old modem/network. When connected to the current modem/network, it will be 'found', installing will proceed, and there you will be.)