John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer has gone offline and Ihave 16 itemsin the queue.

Customer Question

My printer has gone offline and Ihave 16 itemsin the queue. I don't have the original disc I used to install it several years ago. How will I get it backonline?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: hP6500A710 a-e office jet. It is approx. 5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Iusedit severaldays ago anditwas fine. When I connected it last night it wouldn't print. The printer turns on.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to

1. clear the print queue, first of all.

2. obtain a new driver from this site:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-6500A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---E7/4083974/model/4083869

3. uninstall the printer from your computer.

4. restart your computer

5. install it anew from that source (2).

This may get it working again. Let me know how it goes, and whether you run into any problems on the way.

Thanks.

You may return to this case here:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/9yj8g-printer-gone-offline-ihave-16-itemsin-queue.html