John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am having a problem with my canon printer that i just cant

Customer Question

i am having a problem with my canon printer that i just cant fix. it said i was low on ink so i went to the store lastnight and bought a new ink for it and inserted it, now when i try to print something a message pops up on my computer saying " another person is using your printer"
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
after trying to restart my printer and try to put in my password ***** it then said " cannot change these settings at this time" and referred me back to my menu screen
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a Toshiba, with windows on it, I'm not sure which one?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

This will help you figure out what version you have, which is important so I can help you fix the printer issue!

http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Your-Windows-Version

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay i got it! I have Windows 8
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello are you there?