John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am having problems with my Officejet Pro 6830. It does not

Customer Question

I am having problems with my Officejet Pro 6830. It does not print in any Red colors. I have checked the carts. and nothing seams to be wrong
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's less than 6 or 7 months. It is anE3Eo2a product no.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am not sure, I have not tried to print this color before.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had bought this printer from Office Max and had some problems. HP replaced on order# *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next.

Can you also confirm the age? This is a 2014 model so I just want to be sure I'm clear on you saying it is only 6 months old.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?