John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP 3520 printer quit suddenly. It goes through all the

Customer Question

my HP 3520 printer quit suddenly. It goes through all the motions to print, but won't print in black. I purchased a new set of cartridges and installed the black. The ink display shows ink supply for all colors, but I put in the new black one. I can control it from my Toshiba laptop.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: satellite 2716/windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the printer is on line. It does everything but print anything in black
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please