Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I have an ipf8100 and it needs a printer head to be

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have an ipf8100 and it needs a printer head to be replaced. It wouldn't do that until I replaced the maintenance cartridge. I did that, the printer then got stuck in a cleaning cycle, dumped most of my black ink. I still can't change the print head as the cartridge say's its full again. Tried service mode and now my printer is only producing blank sheets - could it be stuck in service mode? I've no idea how to fix this. Cheers
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer? Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Canon ipf8100
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My blue prints were coming out purple, I did a nozzle check and found that the pale cyan block was totally missing - tried running through the usual cleaning procedures until I decided that I needed a new print head, doing the cleaning meant I needed to replace the maintenance cartridge first.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 12 days ago.

if you need a new printhead it could very well produce blank sheets.

the main reason why printheads go bad is that they won't let the ink through to get on the sheet.

This page may be of some value in changing the counter on the maintenance cartridge